My first Oriental Beauty oolong. I am so excited and very thankful to Fong Mong Tea for providing me with this lovely sample. I used 3 grams per 4oz.
1st This steep was a little short. I probably should have kept it going a little longer, but I am still satisfied. It was 45seconds and the liquor is similar to clear, dilute beef broth. There is a lovely black tea quality to this oolong for me. It’s a similar astringency, and I don’t mind it at all. Definitely juicy and thick… would be so much thicker with a longer steep!
2nd Longer steep and less water = cider colored liquid. Hmm.. I’m getting toasty, maybe a thickness at the back of my tongue?.. I’m not getting anything and the broth is 2x as dark as the first steep (which tasted juicier). Im going to steep a little longer… I get almost bergamot flavours. Interesting. It’s tasting like an earl grey to me in ways. What is up with my taste buddies? They’re crazy!
*3rd*OOps.. I got caught up in genetics and forgot about it. Probably a 2-2.5 minute steep. Taste? A little astringent with hints of honey, roasted things, mmm it’s pretty good. Little creamy buttery roastedness.

Thank you again for my first Oriental Beauty experience Fong Mong! I greatly appreciate it.

200 °F / 93 °C
ScottTeaMan

I wish I had gotten this sample. Earl Grey qualities?! Very intriguing review. :))

Lynne-tea

I was surprised as well =) and thank you!