I have been playing around with this tea to figure out the best way to steep it. Definitely more leaves and more time if you want a richer cup.
I iced some buds a few days ago and have been french pressing them in the fridge. Once there is about 1/3 of the liquid left, I refill it with boiling water and put it back in the fridge. This gave me a really refreshing delightful brew with sweet pine dew notes and marshmallows with sweet cookies. Perhaps sugar cookies? The taste is very smooth and thick.. it’s quite thick tasting actually. This is really surprising due to the extremely pale liquor. The sweetness is amazing also. The first steeps, it was definitely more sugary sweet, now it’s nectar sweet.. pine nectar. mmmMmm
Who knew these little buds would taste so good? And be so cost-effective. I’ve done 4 really long icing steeps for one set of leaves and I’m onto number five now. I have a feeling I will get many more too. So happy I have these lovely buds for summer time!

Edit: Honestly, I keep drinking this iced, and as it warms up, the sweetness increases. It’s at the point now that my mouth is coated in sweetness, like a simple (but extremely complex tasting) sugar syrup. Each sip stokes the sugary fire. So much goodness.

Edit #2: Here’s the thing. Still making iced tea from the same buds (this is about the 6th or 7th looooong large steep!!) and I still get flavour from them! I had to give you all an update of this as I just got the most delightful sweet rock sugar taste in the middle of my tongue and it made me giddy! ohhhh I love tea. :D

Iced

Sounds delicious!!

Lynne-tea

It is so delightful! I think for beginners, this tea is a bit difficult for flavour identification (I had a few people try it lastnight.. one said ‘dirty dish water,’ the other correctly identified a pine note, but could not notice the sweetness really).. funny tea.

ScottTeaMan

I’ve had some bad tea, but none that tasted like dirty dishwater! :))

Lynne-tea

Haha yeah.. I think she was being hyperbolic. That’s okay though.. I really enjoyed the tea so that is all that matters.

ScottTeaMan

I am going to purchase this someday, it really is an interesting tea-adding to shopping list.

Kittenna

I think I should try it iced… I wasn’t the biggest fan of it when I had it.

Lynne-tea

I would say try it iced. It’s really nice but takes a few sips to get the flavours besides pine I found. I iced it for a while too (1-2 days)

Mark B

Love how you’ve experimented and really gotten to know this tea!

Lynne-tea

Thank you! Me too! I was determined to get to know it. I knew it could give me extraordinary things (I mean… just look at the buds!) if I found out the proper way to steep the tea =)

Comments

ScottTeaMan

Sounds delicious!!

ScottTeaMan

I’ve had some bad tea, but none that tasted like dirty dishwater! :))

Kittenna

I think I should try it iced… I wasn’t the biggest fan of it when I had it.

Mark B

Love how you’ve experimented and really gotten to know this tea!

Tea rating system:

0-50: Do people actually enjoy this?
50-60: Slight improvement, not recommendable.
60-70: Alright, though easily forgettable.
70-80: Good flavour, though not a ‘go to’ tea.
80-90: Great tea – complex and memorable.
90-100: Extremely delicious and complex teas that leave me craving more.

Vancouver Island