Thank you to Kittenna for this sample! I have been fighting a food poisoning for the past few days so I have been trying to drink various teas and hope they agree with me as food surely isn’t. Sadface ‘cause I’m thinking I really should eat something right now..

Sweet Merlot tea it is! In the dry leaf, I do smell some layers of fermentation, as I would in wine.. same with some juicy grape. There happens to be a big one in my tea (or raisin I should say..)
The liquor after 3ish minutes is lovely. Nice red hue to it and smells malty/grapey and almost wine like (impressed!). The taste is a little more subtle, and takes a few sips to build. There is definitely a grape flavour present, though not fully artificial (Yay!)

I wouldn’t say this is a wine tea if someone handed me a cup of it, though it would be very easy to pick out the grape presence, but wine would be a different story. The black tea has a nice round/smooth body, which makes me think of a nice rich full bodied wine.

I have a little of the sample left so I will try this one as an iced tea next time.. though I am very much enjoying this hot. A lot.

Alphakitty

I hope you feel better, food poisoning is the worst :(

Hesper June

Oh no! That’s awful! I hope you start feeling better quick!

Ninavampi

Get better soon! I hate food poisoning… It makes you feel so terribly icky…

Lynne-tea

Thank you all! It’s a bit better, but I’ve signed up for a hike and cannot back down (or I would be letting someone down immensely).. therefore, the show must go on! Wish me luck :\

ScottTeaMan

Get well soon Lynne. :))

Fjellrev

Oh no, food poisoning sucks. Hope you’ve been feeling better!