drank Gyokuro Yamashiro by DAVIDsTEA

My 100th tasting note! How exciting.
I decided to celebrate with this tea as I have been very interested in it since I started drinking tea. I got caught up in oolongs though and got swept away from this beautiful green tea.

I did 4g of tea per 4 oz, with water temperature around 60ish, for 1.5 minutes. It smells incredibly sweet and vegetal. YUM. Beautiful color to the liquor too – like sunshine in a cup (with a slight green tinge). Oh yummy. The taste is thick and vegetal with some bright sparkly tastes at the end of the sip that I cannot place. Perhaps I am sensing some nuttiness too. Really nice sweetness to round out the vegetal flavours too. I’m giddy
I am not quite getting the butteriness, but maybe that is because I brewed it at a lower temperature? All the websites I looked at recommended 50-60C for water temperature so I wanted to stick to that.
Overall, this tea is nice. I will play with the steeping parameters a bit more before I’m dead set on the rating.. but currently I’ll put it at 85 due to the price and the fact that I am not blown away in buttery lovely flavours (.. perhaps I was looking for something more astounding like a lovely TGY type flavour intensity).

Edit: The 3rd steep is buttery veggies! Or creamed asparagus. Either way. YUM!

tigress_al

Congrats on your 100! It doesn’t take long hey!

Hesper June

Happy 100! Slowly making my way there:)

Invader Zim

Congrats on 100!

ScottTeaMan

Congrats & Joy on your 100th review!! :)) This Gyokuro seems like the perfect choice. :D

Alphakitty

Congrats on 100 notes!

Kittenna

Congrats on making it to 100!! May the next 100 be even more enjoyable :D

Lynne-tea

Thank you all so much! Sorry for the late reply – I went on an awesome adventure to Tofino to surf. =)

Fjellrev

Belated congratulations!

Lynne-tea

Thank you Incendiare! I hope you got to check out the VEMF last weekend in Victoria =)

Comments

tigress_al

Congrats on your 100! It doesn’t take long hey!

Hesper June

Happy 100! Slowly making my way there:)

Invader Zim

Congrats on making it to 100!! May the next 100 be even more enjoyable :D

Fjellrev

Belated congratulations!

Tea rating system:

0-50: Do people actually enjoy this?
50-60: Slight improvement, not recommendable.
60-70: Alright, though easily forgettable.
70-80: Good flavour, though not a ‘go to’ tea.
80-90: Great tea – complex and memorable.
90-100: Extremely delicious and complex teas that leave me craving more.

Vancouver Island