drank Salted Caramel by DAVIDsTEA

Hello my fellow lovely Steepsterites! I have missed you (and tea) to be honest. It’s just been a crazy few weeks with extremely lastminute wonderful adventures all around this lovely Vancouver Island. For that reason, I am not so bummed about not being able to drink as much tea as I normally do.
On one of the adventures, I managed to pick up this tea as I am an absolute sucker for salted caramels. Therefore, this tea was on my list from it’s initial release (it wouldn’t have mattered if it got the worst reviews.. I would have still tried it).
This is my second round of this tea.. my first was lastnight as I was researching phage therapy for an undergraduate independent research project I’m doing this summer. It was rather mild as I kept the steeping times around 3.5 minutes. This morning.. after checking the recommended parameters, I bumped up the steeping time to 5.5 minutes. The result? Lovely. Still not as salty as I would like, and the caramel is a little muted, but overall it is a really really smooth tea. Wonderful black base (that obviously can take a longer steep time without turning bitter).
Notes of caramel, possible hint of salt… with a wonderful, full black tea base. I think I’ll be keeping a bit of this around. It’s not knock my socks off, but it’s darn good!
I hope you are all having a lovely summer thus far =)

EDIT:… one thing I forgot to mention as a down side is the scum that is in my cup from one steep of this tea. I’ve never really experienced it being that bad or unappealing as this tea.. hmm.. Still very drinkable though.

Tea rating system:

0-50: Do people actually enjoy this?
50-60: Slight improvement, not recommendable.
60-70: Alright, though easily forgettable.
70-80: Good flavour, though not a ‘go to’ tea.
80-90: Great tea – complex and memorable.
90-100: Extremely delicious and complex teas that leave me craving more.

Vancouver Island