Thank you very much Teavivre and Angel for this lovely sample.
The dry leaf smells roasty, sweet and chocolately. Yumm!
I originally shared this tea with a friend after my genetics final last month and really enjoyed it. We got about 16 steeps out of it between the two of us. =)
Tonight I figured I would be up late researching, and therefore.. why not break into a new big red robe packet and really get to know it.
1st steep, 5 seconds: with rinse.. To be honest, I’m not sure how much leaf is here (in grams).. so I am hoping the gongfu brewing style will be okay. If not.. I guess I will have to switch it to grandpa. I am really enjoying huffing the leaves as I wait for the water to come to a boil though. Such a deep scent. Alright! Now for the taste/smell of brewed BRR- it smells floral. hm. Taste is roasted… with notes of coco maybe? There is definitely a sweet aspect to it. It reminds me of agave syrup. Nutty too.. perhaps hazelnut. Or chestnuts. Yes chestnuts due to the creaminess when it cools. YUM!

Other notes to continue tomorrow… BED TIME!

Okay I cheated, I steeped a second time and it cooled right off. The result? A very sweet delightful cup. I think this tea would be absolutely amazing as an iced tea. I mean holy cow sweet!

To finish this review this morning.. I woke myself up with another lovely cuppa this. I had more than one extra steep lastnight (try 3 more) so this would be the 4th steep of the leaves. The liquor is still sweet and roasty with a chestnut note. Very delicious.

Edit:.. alright, I’m still drinking this tea. It’s all I’ve been drinking today and I’m on my 11th steep and it’s still sweet and flavourful. This tea is amazing! Bumping the rating up a bit more..

Fjellrev

I can’t believe you got sixteen steeps out of this. The most I’ve ever bothered with a tea was four. :/

But it sounds heavenly! I seriously need to make a Teavivre order sometime. Their stuff sounds classy.

Lynne-tea

I know I was shocked it was still giving! And giving in folds.. not one steep near the end was weak – they were all delicious. I was doing the gongfu style brewing so that helps with stretching out the tea and the steeping potentials =)
I would highly recommend Teavivre =) Great prices for the quality.. and free shipping starts at $30. Pretty darn good if you ask me!

TeaVivre

It is 5 gram for a sample, also I am so glad you enjoyed this one!

Lynne-tea

Perfect! Thank you very much for clarifying that for me.. And for the wonderful sample.

Comments

Fjellrev

TeaVivre

It is 5 gram for a sample, also I am so glad you enjoyed this one!

Tea rating system:

0-50: Do people actually enjoy this?
50-60: Slight improvement, not recommendable.
60-70: Alright, though easily forgettable.
70-80: Good flavour, though not a ‘go to’ tea.
80-90: Great tea – complex and memorable.
90-100: Extremely delicious and complex teas that leave me craving more.

Vancouver Island