Finally getting around to trying out this sample. I feel like I am stalling on some of my samples as I do not want to drink them and feel sad I no longer have them in my stash and therefore need to buy them… This would make me sad as I don’t have a tea budget right now. I talked myself into drinking some of the samples as they are there to be enjoyed, not hoarded.
So here I am.. a beautifully warm summer night watching the meteor shower from my bedroom window and doing phage research. What a perfect time to enjoy a sweet summer oolong. Plus, the man of my dreams just gave me a call and made my night.. really, what perfect timing? =)
20s, ~200F: The result is a sweet, floral smelling brew with a light, sunny hue. Initial sips reveal a lovely sparkly taste…with almost a green tea aspect to it. Perhaps I should have done a rinse and a bit of a longer steep to be able to pull out more flavours…
40s, ~205F: Oh sweetness. It’s a natural tasting sweetness though.. like nectar. Thick, lovely nectar (it actually feels thick on my tongue).. Perhaps nectar from a lovely bursting flower in the sunshine. I like to imagine this tea is similar in taste to nectar from a big yellow trumpet flower (google it if you do not know what a trumpet flower looks like.. THEY ARE AMAZING!.. ps.. I’m obsessed with flowers.).
It’s like a big huge flower cup filled with nectar. I guess this means I find a lovely floral aspect to this tea as well as the sweet nectar flavour. This tea brings back really great memories of an adventure I had recently that involved these flowers.. though the adventure was in the night time, I am associating the memory with sunshine now =)

I will continue to enjoy this tea as I force myself to start writing a research paper. Hmph summer… You’re bad for my studies!

Indigobloom