I drank the rest of my sample while I was camping. Shared a sip with my family and they all loved it! The cleanest, non-smokey LS that I have tasted. Very delicious malty notes and boy was it nice and sweet. I really enjoyed this as a black tea.. but if I was looking for a smokey tea, this would not be it. I’m getting more of this when my tea budget comes in =)

Fjellrev

I stay away from LS because of the smokiness. So, a non-smokey LS? Intriguing!

Lynne-tea

So good! I enjoy the smokey side of the LS if it is not too overpowering, but this LS had no real smokiness that I could pick up easily. It is such a lovely black tea though that I look at it as just a black tea, and not a LS. (I brought it along camping as I thought a LS would be nice to sit around the campfire and eat s’mores with, but I forgot how mild (…or perhaps missing) the smoke aspect was in this tea. I will be getting more only to add to my delicious black tea collection, not for my LS collection.) I suggest you try this tea! Perhaps when I get some more I can send you a sample!

Comments

Fjellrev

I stay away from LS because of the smokiness. So, a non-smokey LS? Intriguing!

Lynne-tea

Tea rating system:

0-50: Do people actually enjoy this?
50-60: Slight improvement, not recommendable.
60-70: Alright, though easily forgettable.
70-80: Good flavour, though not a ‘go to’ tea.
80-90: Great tea – complex and memorable.
90-100: Extremely delicious and complex teas that leave me craving more.

Vancouver Island