After a long trip to see my family, I just returned home from a long days drive to find a lovely package of samples from The Tea Merchant. I absolutely adore the wrapping job with the wax stamp. A massive thank you to this lovely new company for the samples! I am so excited to be home and able to drink proper tea again!

Dry: Muscatel smell with a slight floral edge, but not sweet floral. More commanding.
Liquor, 4 minutes: Beautiful amber color with an extremely malty delicious smell! I knew I picked the perfect tea to have as my first tea back home after 12 days! There is a woodsy sweet/ spiciness to this tea. It has a body that is hard to compare.. a yummy pudding that has just been made with warm milk. Thats what is coming to mind for some reason. Beautiful malty notes and the smell, as it cools, is reminding me of saskatoon berry bushes on a hot day. Especially when there are some just-overly-ripe berries there. Perhaps an apple flavour, though very crisp, not sweet.

Overall, I am really enjoying this cuppa. I could definitely see myself drinking this. I am in love with Darj.

aha I’m not the only one, I get apple to :P

Lynne-tea

=) It’s really nice, but it just takes a minute to recognize the apple flavour as it is not sweet (to me at least)

I didn’t find it that sweet. well, unless it was honey on top of the apple lol