Thank you so much to The Tea Merchant for providing me with this generous sample! I have finally found a morning I can sit down and enjoy this tea.
I just want to throw one recommendation out there – there is no temperature steeping parameters on the sample pouch provided. Having that on the bag makes it soooo much easier to see what the recommended temperature is (especially if you are new to white teas.. somewhat like myself). Thankfully it is on Steepster (but I noticed it isn’t on the website either.. wait it is… but in a sneaky area. Perhaps put it for each tea? It makes the customer have to navigate around the site less to find pertinent information about their tea) Another sad note – it doesn’t look like they ship to Canada anymore. I really hope I don’t fall in love with these teas too much! sadface

Dry: Smells sweet, almost like dried flowers.
Liquor; 1.5 minutes, 175F: Extremely pale sunshine in a cup. Smells of sweet peas and steamed greens. mmmm the taste is very lovely and lush-feeling on my tongue. Silky. Definitely a sweet edge which builds with each sip. Ooh a caramelly note just popped up and shocked me. Odd. I can taste chestnut, but I wouldn’t go as far as to say honeysuckle. Perhaps that will come with a second steeping? Overall a very enjoyable round.

2 minutes, 175F: Oh wow. This steep so far is the best. Creaminess and roasted flavour of a roasted chestnut. There is definitely a green tea aspect to this that is surprising. Like sweet steamed veggies. Thick nectar flavour at the end of the sip.

Oh my gosh I’ve fallen for a white tea. thud I’m mesmerized by it right now and I don’t want this flavour to end. It’s coating my mouth in such a delicate, but commanding flavour. Dang school getting in the way of my tasting session.. I guess I should get ready. Thank you so much TTM for providing me with such a lovely sample to begin my day with. I’m really hoping that you will change the shipping to include Canada =)

175 °F / 79 °C
Fjellrev

Ugh, just when you find a tea you love, shipping is no longer available. That sucks, I’m sorry.

Lynne-tea

I know its such a bummer. Same thing happened to me with the Republic of Tea.. they will ship to you, if you pay them an arm and both legs. Thank you for your support with this :P haha.. such a first world problem.

The Tea Merchant

Thanks for the input on the Label, the recommended temperature is actually going on the next batch of labels we have done, as well as a few other small changes. Also we can ship to Canada but the process is different as our web site is not setup to handle international orders. Just use the “contact us form” and we can manually setup the order, or you could call us. Shipping would be $4.50 for any order less than 1 ibs to Canada.

Lynne-tea

YAY! Thank you so much for this information! =)

Indigobloom

that is an amazing price for shipping! I seriously need to try this gem again, and get it right!!

Comments

Fjellrev

The Tea Merchant

Lynne-tea

YAY! Thank you so much for this information! =)

Indigobloom

Tea rating system:

0-50: Do people actually enjoy this?
50-60: Slight improvement, not recommendable.
60-70: Alright, though easily forgettable.
70-80: Good flavour, though not a ‘go to’ tea.
80-90: Great tea – complex and memorable.
90-100: Extremely delicious and complex teas that leave me craving more.

Vancouver Island