I’m sitting in Starbucks, freezing because they have the AC on to an unreasonable level for it only being 20C outside, drinking this wonderful tea to help warm me up.

I love that this tea does not require a lot of attention to astound me, unlike some delicate unflavoured teas.. whites in particular require a lot of attention to me in order to grasp flavours (except the recent TTM Monkey Picked White). Does anyone else find this with certain teas?
Either way, I am working on a few essays at the moment and this tea is a perfect accompaniment to the process, like a lovely warm companion who is there for support when you need it. It does not distract me by being high-maintenance to grasp flavours, but rather shows its support by surprising me with lovely umami flavours upon a malty background.

I could ask for nothing more.

CupofTree

oh wow I thought the starbucks down here (southern US) were the only ones who made it freezing inside. Maybe they do that to make you keep buying hot drinks.. yay for bringing your own tea :)

Lynne-tea

Haha yep they do it here too! I had to put on my jacket when I went inside. It’s just craziness. But yes, I always bring my own tea.. I’m not the biggest fan of Tazo (except berryblossom white tea mistos, which they don’t even have anymore!)

CupofTree

I loved the berryblossom misto too! It used to be the only thing I got at starbucks and after they took it away I didn’t go back for a while but then I got really into tea and ended up liking their iced green and black teas.

Lynne-tea

Thats the same with me! Plus they changed it to a tea latte and charged way more for it so I got annoyed and stopped going. I will have to check out their iced green and black, I like their passion tea iced tea (sans lemonade)

Comments

CupofTree

Tea rating system:

0-50: Do people actually enjoy this?
50-60: Slight improvement, not recommendable.
60-70: Alright, though easily forgettable.
70-80: Good flavour, though not a ‘go to’ tea.
80-90: Great tea – complex and memorable.
90-100: Extremely delicious and complex teas that leave me craving more.

Vancouver Island