I had to have a special tea tonight. I have been avoiding my homework because it is tedious.. but the pressure is on. Hmph. I figured a session with this would cheer me into working?
1st, ~203F, 2s: Following an initial rinse, this two second steep revealed a lovely lush cup that tastes like a mouthful of sweetpeas and honeysuckle nectar. This envokes such great memories from this summer for me! The liquor is also the color of sunshine.. maybe it’s helping.
2nd, ~204F, 4s: Very sweet smelling, and has vanilla tones. Smooth and lush on the tongue. So much sweet nectar tastes going on… agave, mixed with honey perhaps? Still heavy on the sweet pea notes.
3rd, ~205F, 6s: What! Rock sugar! The leaves have given me a totally different flavour profile! No longer is it florally sweet in the initial taste of the sip, it’s changed into an intense sweetness which develops in the later portion of the taste. A more caramel or sweet toffee taste is coming out. Not very strong, but its there. How lovely!

Well I’m going to enjoy my 4th steep while writing my paper! Tea drunk Lynne-tea signing off!

205 °F / 96 °C
Azzrian

I hope I have some of this lurking in my cupboard. It sounds delicious!

Lynne-tea

I hope you do too! I’m working on my 7th-9th steeps right now… delightful! I may just have to pick more of this up before it sells out. I think I prefer it to the Autumn.