drank Chocolate Rocket by DAVIDsTEA

I’ve been sipping on this coldish steeped style loose in my mason jar with a bombilla.
Fantastic. I get a nice energy boost, and the added bonus is that it tastes delicious
So so so easy. Just pop the leaves in some warm water and top off the water when you run low.
It tastes like a coco-raspberry truffle with an almond center. I really like Chocolate rocket with cooler steeping temperatures… I find it keeps any bitterness away =)

Iced
Fjellrev

I’m going to have to try a lower temperature next time. I get no raspberry from this. :( Just banana. Roasted mate seems to do that to me. Cool you got a bombilla!

Lynne-tea

I’m soooo stoked on my bombilla! It’s increased my tea intake by a huge amount! Now I’m looking at mates and guayusas =( the budget hates me.
Oh and for this steeping, I used hot water (1/2 of the container) from the cafeteria and let it steep for about 1 minute, then put ice straight in to fill the remaining 1/2 of the jar. I find the raspberry flavours come out a lot better this way (I found the mate got bitter at higher temperatures).
I’ve also been steeping Red Velvet Cupcake this way and it becomes the most juicy strawberry jam flavoured tea! So good!

Fjellrev

Interesting method! I never have ice on me so I never considered doing this. Just now, I boiled some water for a different tea, and will wait for the remaining water to cool off while I drink this tea, and then after, try the Chocolate Rocket with the cooled off water. Let’s see if the banana will still be there!

Mind you, I cold steeped Chocolate Rocket once and it was weeeeeird.

Lynne-tea

Ahh yes.. I like the hot-to-cold steep.. using hot water first for a minute then popping it in the fridge with cold water (or wandering around with it still brewing in a cup.. and sipping from a bombilla). I really hope it works for you! and that you don’t get banana flavours.

I agree about the natural cold water steeping of Chocolate Rocket.. weird.. just weird.. :I

Comments

Fjellrev

Fjellrev

Mind you, I cold steeped Chocolate Rocket once and it was weeeeeird.

Tea rating system:

0-50: Do people actually enjoy this?
50-60: Slight improvement, not recommendable.
60-70: Alright, though easily forgettable.
70-80: Good flavour, though not a ‘go to’ tea.
80-90: Great tea – complex and memorable.
90-100: Extremely delicious and complex teas that leave me craving more.

Vancouver Island