I’m in for a treat! I am shooting for 18 steeps again tonight. Lets see how I do! Thank you Teavivre for this again =)
1st, 212F, 5sec, 5oz, 5g: Salt! It’s salty! But like a salted caramel. Touches of butteriness. Oh I’m in heaven! mmmmmmm It’s silly how good this is. I can’t believe the lovely salt tastes. So clean and crisp.. It’s so delicious.
2nd, 10sec: It smells sweet and chestnutty..The taste is lovely. Slightly salty still, almost verging on umami and soy, but than a butteriness comes in and it also tastes like chestnuts. Such a treat! I adore this tea!
3nd, 13sec: Smells of sweet puffed wheat. Or toasted chestnuts. Tastes woodsy. And like puffed wheat.. slightly glazed puffed wheat (think sugar crisp.. except not loaded with 10lbs of sugar).
4th, 20sec: I felt it needed a few seconds extra. It smells like warm roasted apples and sugar.
.. okay, break for now, but dannnng this is good!
So thankful for tea <3

Kittenna

Yum. This is not one I have from Teavivre. I feel like I really need to compare teas from Verdant vs. other vendors at some point, just for curiousity.

Lynne-tea

This one is absolutely delicious. It is on my list for sure now. I think that would be a great idea if you compare them! Also.. I just noticed DT came out with a black pearl tea… I wonder how it compares to Teavivres? You should do a comparison on that too!

Kittenna

I juuuuust saw that too! I still have Teavivre’s and Adagio’s black pearls, so really want to compare all three now! I was at DT today and I don’t think they have all the new teas quite yet though.

Comments

Kittenna

Lynne-tea

Tea rating system:

0-50: Do people actually enjoy this?
50-60: Slight improvement, not recommendable.
60-70: Alright, though easily forgettable.
70-80: Good flavour, though not a ‘go to’ tea.
80-90: Great tea – complex and memorable.
90-100: Extremely delicious and complex teas that leave me craving more.

Vancouver Island