I had this last night while I was powering through my research proposal.
Delicious.. it has a sweet pine note almost which reminds me of my Silver Buds (I LOVE THEM). There was also honey notes which reminded me of being in a field of clover. Clover honey mmmm.
Nicely malty of course and some cocoa notes, but mostly a creamy clover honey pine. Delicious. I am so happy I got this tea.

Edit: to note, this was steeped using the grandpa method. Previous entry was based on a gongfu method… which is interesting based on the differences in the tastes that developed.

Amariel

What is the Grandpa method?

Lynne-tea

Haha it’s a big mug with ~5g of leaves.. steeping for 3+ minutes per cup. =)

Amariel

A bigger than average mug?

Lynne-tea

Well my standard mugs are 5 oz, but this mug was approximately 12 oz (the big Starbucks ones).

Comments

Amariel

What is the Grandpa method?

Lynne-tea

Haha it’s a big mug with ~5g of leaves.. steeping for 3+ minutes per cup. =)

Amariel

A bigger than average mug?

Tea rating system:

0-50: Do people actually enjoy this?
50-60: Slight improvement, not recommendable.
60-70: Alright, though easily forgettable.
70-80: Good flavour, though not a ‘go to’ tea.
80-90: Great tea – complex and memorable.
90-100: Extremely delicious and complex teas that leave me craving more.

Vancouver Island