I am pretty sure this is the same tea… Mine is labeled “An Xi Tie Guan Yin Oolong Traditional Green Roast”
Shrugs
I’m using the entire sample packet, which I believe is 7g? All good – my cup is about 7 oz!
1st, 200F, 7s: Yumm.. the wet leaves smell of apricots and peach candies. Very light sunshine brew..Yes! It reminds me of a complex veggie broth. With sweet spinach.
2nd, 10s: Leaf smells of sweet apricot reduction with almonds overtop steamed asparagus. Another cup of sunshine too (which is great because we’re supposed to get 150mm of rain tonight…hello fall. I get it. You’re officially here!) This definitely has a TGY smell, but the taste is slightly different. It’s a sweeter version. The veggie flavours have disappeared and were replaced by complex floral notes with lilac highlights. These floral notes are balanced by what reminds me of a challah… sweet delicious bread, slightly buttered.
3rd, 15s: Leaves still smell like an apricot immersed in TGY =) mmmm this steep is like buttercream frosting. It’s even thick and rich on the tongue. Slight vanilla leaf notes.. caramelly too. Scrumptious!
4th, 25s: Smells really buttery, and the taste is silky. And sweet like thick vanilla honey. Yummy
I did enjoy this tea, but I have had been more astounded with other TGY’s