Thank you Teavivre for this sample.
I had a long day in the lab yesterday (and today.. and tomorrow..) working on my research project.. and came home to find a parcel notification.
This was followed by an immediate email from Angel telling me to check my mailbox and go pick up my parcel. Some people do have lives… and sometimes the post office closes after you finally get home from a long days work. I do not appreciate this urgency. Especially when I paid for tea from them only a day or two after accepting their offer for samples, only to have it not even trackable in Canada yet (‘sent’ one month ago to date). Perhaps they should be more concerned about that instead?

Anyways. Onto this tea.

2 minutes, 100˚C Sweet non-identifiable flavour in the mid-end sip. I take this to be the ginseng. Almost a black licorice flavour actually.. anise/fennel.. when breathing in after a sip. It takes a few sips to understand the flavour, but I enjoy it a lot. It’s almost tongue-coating.. The oolong definitely tastes oxidized, with a sweet and nutty flavour to it. Really lovely.

3 minutes, 100˚C Sweet.. very similar to the first steep in all honesty. No wavering in the intensity of the licorice/toasted sweet nutty flavour. The oolong is very similar to their monkey picked oolong, but I enjoy this much much more. The tongue-coating flavour of the ginseng is really nice and balances out the toasted qualities of the oolong.

Overall – this is a really lovely, enjoyable tea.

Boiling