drank Tokyo by Harney & Sons

Oh my heavens.. I have not even began to log any of my H&S teas yet!
I brewed this up as I couldn’t put down the container after taking a sniff – it smelled like delicious caramel green tea with sesame notes. I’m in!
soo…3 minutes later with ~85˚C water and what do I get?
Mochi… sesame caramel mochi. I think the bancha is contributing a nice supportive flavour.. I don’t want to say vegetal, because it’s not really vegetal. Maybe a nice mineral note. Hmm..
Either way. The more I drink this and let my tongue rest in between sips.. the greater the sweetness builds with caramel notes. Delightful. Just what I was looking for =)

Tea rating system:

0-50: Do people actually enjoy this?
50-60: Slight improvement, not recommendable.
60-70: Alright, though easily forgettable.
70-80: Good flavour, though not a ‘go to’ tea.
80-90: Great tea – complex and memorable.
90-100: Extremely delicious and complex teas that leave me craving more.

Vancouver Island