drank Golden Fleece by Verdant Tea

I have been coveting this tea for a long time ever since I received it as a generous sample. Today is the day I finally get to know this enchanting tea as I have come into some more through the tea of the month club. Oh the JOY!

The leaves are beautifully golden and fuzzy.. with a smell reminiscent of mushrooms and sweet black tea from the south.
208˚F, 5sec sweet and luscious, reminiscent of warm vanilla pudding that has been sprinkled with brown sugar. Final lingering notes remind me of a baked sweet potato.. again with brown sugar. Heavenly
208˚F, 8sec Again a lovely sweet edge to this tea – honey and raw sugar. Silky smooth which makes me think of malt, but it’s not malt. There is some allspice and nutmeg notes that peak out occasionally. Slight drying in the back of my mouth the end of the sip – a nice contrast to the silk.
208˚F, 11sec A repeat of steep two, though this time it began to take on a little more of a savoury edge. I drank it too fast while writing a grad application that I forgot to take notes! Dang.

What a gorgeous black tea. I am so thankful I got to try it!… I will keep appreciating the remaining 10+ steeps that I will be drinking tonight. I missed you tea and Steepster!

Fjellrev

I can’t wait to try this someday. Nice to see you back! Hope you had a wonderful holiday.

Lynne-tea

Thank you! . I can send you a steepings worth if you would like! I am so happy to be back.. Too long without enough tea! How was your break?

canadianadia

So good to see you back :)

Thank you Canadianadia!