Holy Hannah This Stuff IS GREAT!
Smelling the leaves is heavenly! Definite chocolaty notes with malt and buckwheat.. I was so excited to try this tea.
I rinsed/steeped at 205˚F for 4 seconds and 2 ‘perfect teaspoonfuls.’ Delightful. Chocolaty malt and definite buckwheat.. all tied together with a dark honey of sorts. mmmm
Second steep was 8s. The buckwheat and malt notes are sticking around.. the chocolate has gone, but now there’s a thickness thats developing.. melting like butter almost. I would say this steep was half as sweet as the first.

Loving this Yu Lu Yan Cha!

Tea rating system:

0-50: Do people actually enjoy this?
50-60: Slight improvement, not recommendable.
60-70: Alright, though easily forgettable.
70-80: Good flavour, though not a ‘go to’ tea.
80-90: Great tea – complex and memorable.
90-100: Extremely delicious and complex teas that leave me craving more.

Vancouver Island