I’ve been trying to give this tea the benefit of the doubt, but it keeps leaving me with something to be desired.

Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy it… it’s just.. missing a key element. Not that the tea is bad, maybe it’s just not my preferred oolong. It’s my first shui xian. I do love Wuyi oolongs though.
I’m on my 3rd steep from leaves I used last night. I am finding the waffle cone flavours.. and almost a vanilla custard oddly enough.
Still not absolutely blown away though.. I don’t know why.

(oh yeah.. Steeping parameters: 10s, 206˚F, ~5g, 5oz… increase time 1s each sequential steep.)

Tea rating system:

0-50: Do people actually enjoy this?
50-60: Slight improvement, not recommendable.
60-70: Alright, though easily forgettable.
70-80: Good flavour, though not a ‘go to’ tea.
80-90: Great tea – complex and memorable.
90-100: Extremely delicious and complex teas that leave me craving more.

Vancouver Island