It’s taking me a while to get to like this tea.. but I’m finding its growing on me slowly but surely. I’ve been steeping these nuggets for about a week now and they’ve only just broken apart today. Crazy business!
One rinse was done for these nuggets. First steeps brought a nice unsweetened angel food cake taste with vanilla and definite white starchy spongy cake taste (though again, unsweetened so it throws you off a bit)
Mid steeps introduce a nice maple syrup caramel aspect which is delightful and surprising… it accompanies the angel food cake. Definitely my favourite steepings.
Later steeps (current) bring about more of the angel food cake flavour, with the maple, and a nice silky mouthfeel.

I’ve probably done about 25+ steeps on these leaves and they’re still giving. Definitely was a delicious investment..
Boiling filtered water, short steeps initially (10s)… midsteeps were approximately 20-30s, late steeps 1-2 minutes

Boiling
Terri HarpLady

I love Yanxins, it is so tasty. I also love Sichuan Caravan, with Yanxin’s in it!

Lynne-tea

I definitely got a sample of the Sichuan Caravan! I need to test it out though… I wanted to become familiar with the tastes of the Yanxin first before I occluded the taste of the tea with flavours. I can’t wait to try it though =)

Comments

Terri HarpLady

Lynne-tea

Tea rating system:

0-50: Do people actually enjoy this?
50-60: Slight improvement, not recommendable.
60-70: Alright, though easily forgettable.
70-80: Good flavour, though not a ‘go to’ tea.
80-90: Great tea – complex and memorable.
90-100: Extremely delicious and complex teas that leave me craving more.

Vancouver Island