I’m trying to get a grasp on this tea, but it’s not really doing anything really special for me.
Sure I can appreciate some zing and juiciness in it with a hint of cocoa and smoke, but it’s really not full bodied enough for me.
What am I missing?

I rinsed, then did a 5s steep using 5g leaves per 250 ml just under boiled water.

It’s good. Just not something I reach for or crave or want more of often.
It’s meh.

I get some smoke, some honey, maybe some green oolongish flavours.. possibly slightly similar to a big red robe with a mineral note.
I’m underwhelmed. HMPH.

EDIT.. wait. I just found a mouthful of caramel on my 3rd steep (10s)… Delicious caramel. Not overtly sweet, but creamy. Super creamy cream caramel. Yummmmm.
Ok original rating: 79..
new one.. well, whatever it says.

205 °F / 96 °C
Fjellrev

You can’t love them all!

Lynne-tea

Very true! I just found caramel though so I’ll give it credit. I think I just keep wanting it to be a delightful black tea, but keep getting oolong.