I’ve had this before, but had a hard time deciding if I liked it or not. So here I am doing another steeping :)

The dry leaves are beautiful – black and white..or silver? silver maybe…
It does smell musky.. like a musky forest with damp leaves.
After a rinse, the leaves smell like sweet potato pie.

10s, 200F; It definitely has a silky mouthfeel. Like taking a mouthful of whipping cream – coating, but smooth. The taste is interesting- all I keep thinking is mushrooms and musk. Though with a small edge of sweet potato (though not sweet really) and cream of wheat.
11s, 200F; Still musky woods, though maybe with a touch of dark agave? Something dark and sweet… I get a lingering finish of vanilla marshmallows on sweet potato pie. Interesting…
12s, 200F; This tastes like rice crispies with some white sugar, or possibly puffed wheat with brown sugar? Yes puffed wheat and rice crispies.. though with brown sugar. A lingering tingle/ feeling of sunshine remains on the tongue after I swallow (a brightness).. which then turns into a caramel flavour. This is by far my most favourite steep! I’m out of the musky woods!

Well, I have to admit – this has been one of the best days of my life and I’m not wanting it to end… though I must sleep. Or try.

Edit.. Day two steeps.. 4th is back to musky woods. Bah. that is my least favourite part and it seems to be the most consistent flavour. Maybe I will try doing two washes and steep it at lower temperatures. Who knows. EIther way, I’m lowering my rating due to the reappearance of the wood.

I don’t like drinking musky wood.