Trying to get some energy and enthusiasm to do homework when it’s so lovely outside… So here I am trying this tea and gluing my bum to my chair.

After a rinse, the leaves smell so good! Like dark miso and bonito flakes – though the nice side of bonito, not uber fishy or any fishiness at all. Just sweet dark miso and the savouriness of bonito.
1st, 5s, 208F: very faint custard smell, the taste is mellow, but definitely has a sweetness and creaminess on the sides of the tongue, followed by an electric buzz or energy. Interesting.. I am having a hard time gathering initial flavours from the first steep.
2nd, 5s, 207F: Again, mild. I am getting a sweet cheesiness at the forefront, but it develops into a a sweetness at the center of my tongue that is similar to dates. Yum
3rd, 6s, 207F: Astringency is building in this steep, then fades slightly to give a milder sweetness than the previous steep.
4th, 13s, 208F:oooh bitterish. Dang. too long of a steep I guess. There is a linger of creaminess once the bitterness burns off. I do enjoy this steep now that i’ve diluted it with some water. Perhaps some comparison to an aged balsamic could be made, with the sweetness and thickness associated.

I’m not sure about this one. Nothing in it really stands out to me. I did get a good feeling from it, but.. it left lots to be desired.