I’m finally sipping this tea down!

Took me long enough. Phew. I need to stop hoarding the tea like I’ll never see it again.
Anyways, I’m on my first cup of this and I’m realizing that now every time I brew a black tea, I just want my beloved Laoshan Black. Other black teas, regardless of region, are not pleasing me.

This one is nice though. I really appreciate the sweetness in the tea. It’s thicker, but not in the creamy broth way… it’s more syrupy. I also get a nice cooling tingle on the top of my tongue. Second steeping is a little creamier and has a smokiness which is interesting.

It’s a good tea, not extremely sad to see it go though.

Joshua Smith

Agreed, I need to drink more from the deeper recesses of my stash. I have a bit of just about every verdant tea ever offered, some of which are almost two years old.

Comments

Joshua Smith

Tea rating system:

0-50: Do people actually enjoy this?
50-60: Slight improvement, not recommendable.
60-70: Alright, though easily forgettable.
70-80: Good flavour, though not a ‘go to’ tea.
80-90: Great tea – complex and memorable.
90-100: Extremely delicious and complex teas that leave me craving more.

Vancouver Island