drank Read My Lips by DAVIDsTEA

Got this in my Xmas gift…

1st smell: Peppery. But not overpowering.
1st Taste: I am starting to think that the Graham cracker taste is a signature flavor with all David’s Teas, though maybe only with the Black Teas. I don’t I tasted that with the Goji Pop……
It’s overall an interesting cup, I love the creativity that went into making the tea, however, I don’t see myself needing to keep this in my cupboard.

Lynxiebrat

Grrr Still having trouble in editing my tea notes, and I don’t want to bother with Firefox right now….Just wanted to add a quick note: I ended up not being able to finish my cup of Read My Lips. As it cooled, it got to weirdly peppery for me. Generally if the peppery taste were offset by something else, like a contrast, I might like it better. And plus, like other experiences I’ve had with Chocolate in tea…hasn’t worked for me, but I can’t seem to resist trying them anyways.

Kittenna

Weird! Did you get a set of sachets for Christmas? I got a 5-pack of this from my sister and haven’t tried them yet (although I’ve had this tea before). Wondering if there’s something different about it now.

As for the graham cracker thing, I wonder if that’s an artifact of the black base, or maybe some specific flavouring element. It’s not something I’ve picked up on, but perhaps that’s how something is coming across to you!

Comments

Lynxiebrat

Kittenna

Currently 40 years old…

Been a tea lover for most of my life, though it’s only in the past? (5-8 years.) That I’ve been drinking loose leaf tea.

I like mostly blended teas in Black, White, and some Oolong. Sadly not much Green tea that I really like. And of course Herbal.

Rating Guide that I use, though I am not terribly consistent;)

100 Excellent
90-99 Very Good
70-89 Fair
50-69 The only teas that I am interested in in this rating are teas that I can buy locally, such as at a grocery store, fruit market, tea shop, etc. Or is fairly cheap/add on thru a website.
50 and Below No redeeming qualities whatsoever or is too much like a tea that I already have.

Some teas such as Constant Comment by Bigelow I still drink on occasion, it is one of my comfort teas from when I was growing up. Others are Perfect Peach, Mint Medley and Cozy Chamomile.

I am a bookworm, though I also enjoy art journaling/mixed media, making jewelry, spending waaaaaay to much time online…particularly bingeing various tv shows on Netflix and Hulu. Also various forums like this one (On and off.) Quora, Goodreads, Youtube and misc. others. If you see the nicknames Lynxiebrat/Lynxiegrl,Lynxiedove, Zaaron or Sarikcat, then drop me a message:)

Jackson, Michigan