drank Tropicalia by DAVIDsTEA

Yay, this seems to be working again!

Actually had a tiny glass of this last night but due to the fact it was still warm it didn’t really impress me. I think I’ll try coldbrewing it next.
Based on this glass of iced tea, I cannot say I am really impressed. I mean it’s not terrible, and I wouldn’t mind having it on hand for when I’m in the mood for iced tea…even in the winter sometimes I do crave iced tea, which I perceive as different then my usual tea cravings. It feels like the same cravings I get for juice. There…I think that makes better sense. But if I had to choose between Tropicalia and Pink Passionfruit, (I know I only had 1 cup of!) I would pick Pink Passionfruit in a heartbeat.
Now, this tea is not overly sweet, even with plenty of sweetener, which I consider a really good thing, the last pineapple tea I had…Oh Gods it was so gaggingly sweet! I didn’t even ask where it was from, though I know it wasn’t Teavana because I am pretty familiar with their base flavor profiles. This tea has a tartness that is nice, but in a understated kind of way. I would like if the apple just a bit more apparent, and a tounch more coconut. But….maybe coldbrewing it will bring those flavors out more. So if I cave and end up buying 50 g of Pink Passionfruit, maybe I’ll get this 1 too.

Currently 40 years old…

Been a tea lover for most of my life, though it’s only in the past? (5-8 years.) That I’ve been drinking loose leaf tea.

I like mostly blended teas in Black, White, and some Oolong. Sadly not much Green tea that I really like. And of course Herbal.

Rating Guide that I use, though I am not terribly consistent;)

100 Excellent
90-99 Very Good
70-89 Fair
50-69 The only teas that I am interested in in this rating are teas that I can buy locally, such as at a grocery store, fruit market, tea shop, etc. Or is fairly cheap/add on thru a website.
50 and Below No redeeming qualities whatsoever or is too much like a tea that I already have.

Some teas such as Constant Comment by Bigelow I still drink on occasion, it is one of my comfort teas from when I was growing up. Others are Perfect Peach, Mint Medley and Cozy Chamomile.

I am a bookworm, though I also enjoy art journaling/mixed media, making jewelry, spending waaaaaay to much time online…particularly bingeing various tv shows on Netflix and Hulu. Also various forums like this one (On and off.) Quora, Goodreads, Youtube and misc. others. If you see the nicknames Lynxiebrat/Lynxiegrl,Lynxiedove, Zaaron or Sarikcat, then drop me a message:)

Jackson, Michigan