I am a sadkitty :( This is the 1st tea that I’ve tried from Verdant that I have not liked. I mean it’s a drinkable cup, but not terribly inspiring. I just tried a 2nd steep and it came out tasteless. I am sure that I’ve prepared this wrong, though. Pu’er is still a tea that is a very complex topic, and it maybe years if ever that I get it.

I suspect the reason why I generally prefer flavored teas is that I have trouble tasting subtleties in stuff, not just tea but in meats like steak. Generally speaking I could not tell you one type of steak from another without a label. Now with steak…that doesn’t bother me. When I eventually move into my own place, I doubt I’ll ever really eat steak unless I am visiting my Dad and step Mom or my Mom, because all of them love steak.

But with tea, I want to be able to enjoy subtle flavors, though not to the extent where I don’t like drinking flavored. It is possible that over time my palate will develop which would make it possible to fully enjoy this tea and others.

Not going to score this because I don’t think it would be fair just because I am inexperienced in Pu’er tea.