drank Cool Cucumber by DAVIDsTEA

LOL. Since I knew the Spring Collection box was going to be delivered today, I ended up putting off of running my errands till after the mail comes in the afternoon. Just when I’m starting to think “Ok, I need to consider running at least 1-2 errands and then come back to the house, because this is taking to long.” so I make the decision to leave and of course the mail came. I couldn’t make myself leave until I opened the box, looked at the samples I received (Buddha’s Blend, which I’ve really wanted to try for a while. Genmaicha, I doubt I’ll like it more then Verdant’s Laoshan Genmaicha. But willing to give it a shot. And Glitter & Gold, which I have and liked at 1st but been having trouble finishing the bag.)

I opened the bags to have a sniff and decided it wasn’t to late in the afternoon to have some black tea and plus it said it was medium caffeine anyways…so I brewed some Cool Cucumber in a steeper cup, then poured it into my travel cup when it was done steeping. Tested it…meh. put more sugar in…tested it again, put more sugar in it….Ahh. Much better.

When it comes to mint in teas, I can really take it or leave it. I usually like it well enough to at least finish the cup, but usually don’t go out of my way to buy more especially if it tastes anything like Mint Medley from Bigelow’s which I still like even though it comes in a tea bag, I figure with that readily available, what’s the point in buying it online? But when the taste is distinctly different but tasty…like Teavana’s Watermelon Mint Chiller was one that really grew on me. Like a sneak attack.

After the 1st few sips, I thought “Ohh crap! I just might have to buy more of this for this summer.” I’m considering compiling a list of teas that I’d like to have around for iced tea on the weekends. During the week I’ll put up with the cheap crap and my flavored MIO stuff, and save the good stuff for the weekend so I don’t run out so quickly.

SMH. With planning a Verdant order soon (With hopefully Eight Treasures Yabao coming in.) half planning a Della Terra order (Because of Pineapple Upside Down Cake.) The order I just got from David’s Tea and the one I ordered this weekend from Butiki. Not to mention the almost week to week temptation of 52 Teas. (Which I’ve managed to successfully hold off because the majority of Frank’s Teas I’ve tried, I have not liked.

Anyways….if you like weird teas, this is definitely the one to try!