It’s been a while since I’ve done a tea tasting at all, let alone from my sample box. I went on kind of an unintended hiatus, sporadically checked into Steepster, responded to 1 or 2 threads, but didn’t have much urge to drink tea. Not saying I’m over that necessarily, who knows though…just something that happens periodically when I’m in a frenzy of something…(Last few weeks my frenzy has been about bento boxes and recipes. I am still interested in those, but now that I’ve bought 1, about to order the Zojirushi Mr.Bento thermo lunch jar, and seriously thinking of buying a bento cube at my local Japanese grocery store…I think that fulfills my bento buying frenzy for now, and have a whole crapload of bento recipe sites bookmarked, many for kids just for the cuteness factor, but plenty for adults as well, and subscribed to a few youtube bento vlogs. )

This tea is from LiberTEAS, which I had bought a box full of an insane amount of teas (Grins)from. As an attempt to keep them slightly organized, I took a few large freezer bags, labeled them Tried and Not Tried. Today I grabbed into the Not Tried bag to find some teas that looked/smelled interesting to try because I was in the mood for something new.

The Tea: It’s…..ok. Not terribly inspiring, but not a bad cup either. Like I’ve mentioned before: I blame certain companies tendency to ‘flavor blast’ their teas so much that it’s hard to appreciate more subtle teas. (I am still a customer of those companies though;)) so unless there is an unusual but pleasing note in the tea, most likely I am not going to consider getting it.

I am going to put this with the samples that I think would taste good cold, but I don’t get the feeling that would improve my opinion of it.