drank Coconut Cream Pie by 52teas

When I read about 52 teas here I nearly swooned reading just the names in some cases and the reviews made me really want to order from them. I was disappointed when I went to the site to realize that some of the yummy teas I wanted to try were not available, that they mix up special blends and only have them for a brief period of time. I hope they bring a couple back.

Ok, when you open the pouch for this tea I’m telling you my knees buckled and I think I pushed my nose down into the leaves! Coconut Cream Pie is one of my favorite pies and the air was redolent with that creamy coconut aroma. I will caution you about one thing. I am always careful about steeping and rarely ever over-brew a tea, but I let this go for 5 minutes (It suggested 4-5 and I don’t like weak tea…) but WOW was that strong. I couldn’t even drink it. I poured half of it in another cup and added more water from the tea kettle and did a second infusion of the leaves which looked lovely and lighter and I poured it into a pot for iced tea today. With the over-strong tea in the cup and more hot water added the tea gentled down to a lovely flavor. So this was not the tea’s fault, but mine. Again, I caution you to brew for 4 instead of 5 minutes which I will do next time.

Once the above situation was worked out I had a really lovely cup of tea. Even too strong the coconut aroma was wonderful and finally the right strength it was just a delicious tea. I would definitely recommend it to coconut lovers and I think a little tea pouch of this would make a wonderful stocking stuffer for your tea drinkers in the family. Most of the companies have small sample sizes so I’m ordering a number of those to tuck in.

I hope you are all having wonderful teas and a happy holiday season ahead!

Blessings,

Maitri

Sarah Ruthven

I love a good helpful brewing note…thanks this is one I have been thinking about trying.

Comments

Sarah Ruthven

Maitri is a writer, fiber and visual artist, 30 year teacher of the journal process, and small press publisher, as well as a Reiki Master, Shamballa Master Healer, spiritual teacher, ordained Interfaith Minister, and “Deep Listening Soul Guide.” In her Dragonfly Cottage Studio she works amidst 4 pugs, 5 parrots, and looks out onto the woods and wild birds at feeders everywhere as she works on her books and designs eBooks and eCourses which will be available soon.

Coastal North Carolina