drank Lemon Ginger by Stash Tea Company

OK, this was the day my sinuses needed a little assist, as I mentioned in my first tea note. Also, a couple of days ago I logged Yogi Ginger, so it’s an apt time for a comparison.

First, re: the sinuses. It is not necessary to actually sip the tea for it to have a beneficial effect on said sinuses. Merely sniffing the gingery steam has helped enormously. ;)

Secondly, the taste experience. I find it interesting that the aroma is strongly ginger for me, but when I taste it it’s still overwhelmingly lemony-lemongrass with a spicy ginger afterbite.

Verdict: the Yogi tea was soothing to the tum, the Stash tea is soothing to the respiratory system. Each has a place on my shelf, and a distinctive flavor despite very similar ingredients, and I’m raising my initial rating on the Stash tea.

One question remains. The box says it “Contains: soy.” I don’t have any sensitivity to soy, but others may. I can’t figure out where that’s coming from among the listed ingredients, which are “ginger root, lemongrass, lemon flavor, safflower, hibiscus, and citric acid.”