drank Wild Sweet Orange by Tazo

After reading some of the reviews, I decided to try cold-steeping this one. It was a sample provided by a co-worker/friend.

Wow. Wow. Wow. Sweet? Not. I’m getting SOUR, seriously sour, sour-pickle sour without the garlic, not merely tart. Also orange and spearmint, after about 3 minutes of steeping. The tea is a not-unattractive pale clear orange. Oddly, I don’t hate it. I’m not a big fan of spearmint.

After waiting a bit I’ll add more. I only have the one bag and I don’t think I am likely to buy this.

OK, waited a bit and tasted again. The sourness is becoming less extreme after another 3-4 minutes with the bag in, and now I can just barely taste the licorice.

I don’t think I’d care for this hot at all, but it’s pretty interesting with a cold steep if you’re patient with it. Maybe the “sweet” refers to the variety of orange that contributed the peel (sweet orange rather than bitter orange) so that’s a bit misleading, but wild certainly applies!

I’ve raised my rating twice. And I might try to cadge another sample after all.

Iced 8 min or more
Kittenna

Ewwww, I have loads of this one, sadly. I swear it used to be quite good, and then they changed the blend and I no longer like it at all (but of course, before I realized this I bought a couple boxes of it). I would probably like it if it wasn’t for the licorice, blech.

Barb

I used to hate licorice when I was a kid but in recent years I enjoy it verrrrrrry occasionally. I can barely taste it in this tea, even though I think the bag has been in about 20-30 minutes now. I bet it would be stronger, brewed hot. It’s strange stuff!

Comments

Kittenna

Barb

That isn’t Angus; nor is it Merle, Finn, or Dulcie. It’s a very focused Scottish wildcat.

More later.