Decided to try this one because of the repeated mention of “light smokiness” because that’s one of my favorite elements in tea.

So I was surprised that the aroma was sweet and flowery! I still can’t identify the specific flower it reminds me of — just a sweet, old-fashioned nosegay, I guess.

I added a little fat-free milk and sipped. Oh, I do like this. Still flowery, but with the expected faint smokiness and a totally unexpected chocolate something at the back of my tongue. I was truly surprised and disappointed when I relized I had finished the first cup.

ashmanra

I have been wanting to try this. I guess I really must buy it next time I go to Chapel Hill! They have it loose leaf there. Christmas Tree Shops sells it in bags, though!

JacquelineM

This was one of my “gateway teas” to becoming a full-fledged teahead! I should find some for nostalgia :)

Ninavampi

It is really good! I think I might have to buy some when I am in the US next time…

Barb

Second cup didn’t seem as flowery but was still very tasty. Maybe I didn’t steep it as long. I’m glad I bought it.

Comments

ashmanra

JacquelineM

Ninavampi

Barb

That isn’t Angus; nor is it Merle, Finn, or Dulcie. It’s a very focused Scottish wildcat.

More later.