drank Laoshan White by Verdant Tea

David at Verdant hit this spot on with his description. I followed his brewing instructions to a T and yielded wonderful results. Not much more I can offer that he didn’t clearly illustrate already. Just love this white.

Though different than other white I’ve tasted, this expresses a lot of Laoshan green qualities. A profoundly lingering honeysuckle-like sweetness remains between each sip, and hangs long after the cup is done. “Silky” indeed with a wonderfully soft mouthfeel. Not a huge fan of the aroma of the wet leaf, which is quite strong after that first steep. But it is true to other whites I’ve had in its subtle complexity. I don’t want to write anymore… this tea demands my attention and I’m fighting the urge to buy more.

Recovering coffee drinker. I prefer green tea varieties with a focus on high theanine content.

I generally make my teas using a 10 oz. double wall glass tumbler. Alternately I sometimes use a smaller 8 oz. glass tea infuser. More recently I’Ive fallen in love with a little 5 oz. double wall glass w/ filter kit from Finum. It’s kinda awesome. I prepare the occasional Black or Oolong teas mostly in a Yixing clay or porcelain teapot. I’ve been known to bust out the Gaiwan every now and then too. Basically whatever catches my fancy.

My usual tall glass brewing method: http://bit.ly/brewingmethod

My rating system:

I’ve never really felt compelled to include a rating guide here, but upon reflection I noticed something; I think I’ve subconsciously been rating teas like my papers were graded when I was a kid in school. Do with it what you will.

90-100 = A
80-89 = B
70-79 = C
60-69 = D
<59 = F(ail)

I can quit any time.

PS- Any runners out there can find me on RunKeeper or Dailymile.

Burbank, CA, USA