drank Malted Genmaicha by 52teas

I’m proud to say this is the first tea I’ve given a rating of a 100! YES 52teas YOU’VE DONE IT!

But seriously, this stuff is awesome! If you are a fan of genmaicha I HIGHLY suggest you try this blend. It’s so different but so good.

And now for the analysis:
This stuff certainly passes the smell test. The maltiness is certainly there; not overpowering but there. It’s that, quite frankly, malt smelling quality to the smell of sencha and brown rice. And if you are a fan of milkshakes/malts like I am well, please, do indulge on this stuff. I steeped it for a good 3 minutes, throwing in about 2 teaspoons in about 16oz of water. The malty smell REALLY came out strong with the hot water added. De-c-i-lious.

Taste? This stuff is so milky and gets even more so as it cools. I LOVE IT. I will say that the maltiness is primarily the taste I got, followed by the brown rice and then sencha; in that order. The first flavor that hits your palette is the malt. It’s so milky. I was afraid that this tea was going to be all brown rice, since it is a pretty powerful flavor (or at least it was in Adagio’s Genmaicha), but I was surprised to find such a milky, malty flavor in every sip. Excuse me while I enjoy another cup. And go buy some. NOW.

52teas

Wow! Are you sure you liked it? :)

Makes me happy to see you are enjoying it.

Lori

So this is better than Adagio’s genimacha? I absolutely love MALT but am on the fence about genimacha from my Adagio experience. I think I may give this one a try….