drank Blueberry Merlot by Tea Forte

I meant to steep this for the recommended 5 min, but I accidentally steeped it for 7 min. This tea smelled wonderful out of the bag, like sweet blueberries and just a hint of earthy sage. After brewing for 7 min, I was surprised how dark this brewed. I have never seen a tea brew this dark luscious red color, it was beautiful and made me want to drink it right away. At first sip you definitely taste the blueberries and maybe a bit of cherry and then later you catch a bit of sage and rosemary. I like the flavor combinations a lot, but I didn’t like the tart taste at the end. About half way thru the cup I decided to put a little sugar in it and wow, that made a big difference. It took the tea from a 5 to a 8 right away. This has a nice thick mouth feel, I really enjoyed it.

After trying it with some sugar I think I will probably buy it someday. I love the deep dark red color and can’t help but think it is chalked full of anti-oxidents from the berries.

I have always enjoyed tea, but not all the time and only ones I’d find at the grocery store, I never even knew there was a whole tea world out there beyond Albertsons :) I recently discovered Teavana and I went a little crazy, ever since I’ve been a little obsessed and drinking tea everyday with wanting to try more teas and learning about them, I’m so glad I found Steepster, now I have someone to talk about tea with :)

Las Vegas, NV