I bought a ton of samples (pretty much every tea on the site) after trying my first tea from Whispering Pines…this one just sounded fun! :D Their description was kinda funny and super cheesy “except for maybe the whisper of an ancient campfire and the cry of a lone wolf on a cool autumn night.” so I figured I’d give this a go as my second tea (I like cheesy, haha). I opened the bag. WOW. They aren’t even messing around. The smell of this tea gave me chills. There’s this intense wildness to it that brings me straight back to the nights I spent camping in the upper peninsula of Michigan (where I grew up most of my life)…and amazingly enough, that’s their motto: Inspired by the true wilderness of northern Michigan. So my first impression was mindblowing. I carefully scooped 1/2 tablespoon into my mini-pitcher and began to heat up water. I just kept smelling it…over and over again. Anyway, my water was boiling so I poured it over the leaves and excitedly leaned over the cup to smell the tea steeping. As I stirred the aroma got more and more intense and..just…I don’t even think I can explain it, but this stuff is magical. It finished steeping (I steeped it for 6 minutes) and I strained it into my mug. At this point I was afraid tasting it would ruin the adventure I was having with it, but I couldn’t hold off any longer. The first sip actually brought tears to my eyes. I became epicly homesick at the moment. Somehow whoever does the blending at Whispering Pines has put Northern Michigan in my cup. How? I don’t know. But somehow they have done it and I have fallen in love with them for it. The tea itself has a light spice complemented with a hint of orange all set over a deep powerful mix of something…this confuses me. I looked over all the ingredients to see what it was that I was tasting, nothing matched it. I think somehow a few of the ingredients combine to create this overall ‘deep-woods campfire’ sensation. The even strange thing is that it doesn’t taste one bit like a campfire. This is the most truly magical tea I’ve ever tasted and I can’t quite get over how much I love it. Might just need to call and talk to whoever created this tomorrow, they are my hero. Best. Tea. EVER.