Okay, so the owner completely changed this blend…I emailed him about it and he said it was a 2-month project that he created for his girlfriend so he could send her a kiss in the mail, and that the old blend didn’t do her justice so he held off and recreated the blend. He said he just shipped it off to her the beginning of this week. DAWWWWH (EDIT: I put a heart here and it made my review invisible. how strange o.O)

So I loved the old one…think I rated it a 93 and he assured me that this was a 100…of course I didn’t doubt him…maybe even more likable since he generously sent me a free sample :D

Okay…so the dry leaf smells really interesting. Fresh, floral, and peppery.

Immediately after I began steeping it, it smelled somewhat strange…dunno…over the first minute it was almost pulsing a peppery aroma with a fresh aroma…changing every inhale. It began to stabilize aroma around minute 2…where the white tea and o’olong were in sync with a pulsating sweet/floral aroma. Really interesting 3 minutes for me. Haha.

I wasn’t sure how white and oolong would mix…I’d imagine oolong would take over pretty easily…but nope! This is more of an oolong flavored white tea…REALLY fun!

Wow…first sip: The white tea is there in the foreground and the oolong is DEFINITELY there — you can totally taste them individually. I love that! light and floral AND heavy and peppery are equally distinguishable! It has a sweetness, too – I suppose from the rose hips and safflower (perfect ratios of those, too!). Wow…just…wow. I will be making a VERY large order of this soon. One of the most unique tea experiences I’ve ever had – and I assume it’d be fantastic over ice too!

The flavors are much more distinguishable as it cools, and I thoroughly LOVE the peppery notes!

Definitely my favorite tea from Whispering Pines Tea Company so far!

mepsteen

WHAT?! Grrr…the middle of my review is gone!

Therrrre we go! Apparently ’ makes reviews crumble? haha

^apparently I can’t write a heart there either. hahaha

WHERE IS THE LOVE?! :P

TeaEqualsBliss

Oooooooooo! I hope to try this one down the road :)

I hope EVERYONE gets to! :) Any idea why I can’t put hearts on here? lol

TeaEqualsBliss

I’m not sure…I don’t think I have ever tried…hum…