drank Mulberry Magic by DAVIDsTEA

This came in the “Around the World” sampler pack that I bought at DAVIDsTEA. This is a pack of 12 teas that come in small tins, and are packaged in a small box with a card that lists the descriptions.

I thought it was really funny that for this tea, the description on the card starts off with the question: “Why is everybody talking about mulberry leaves?” I don’t know a single person talking about Mulberry leaves. Hahahaha.

Anyway, about the tea…

When I smell it, I get the sensation of a buttery peanut. I wasn’t sure if I was going to like it, buttery peanuts do not necessarily smell refreshing, nor do they sound like something I would like to drink.

I was kind of thinking about buttery peanuts on my first sip, and I think it weirded me out a little. However, now that I have had several sips, I think this tea is delicious.

Like I mentioned above, I do not think it is a refreshing cup of tea, but that isn’t necessarily a bad thing. For example: at the end of a long day, I might have a mint tea to unwind and relax. That is refreshing. At the start of a long day, I might have a strong black tea, which I wouldn’t consider refreshing either, but I still really really like black teas.

The aftertaste almost has a light buttery note and a light peanut note, which is interesting.

Tea: I am relatively new to tea, and joined Steepster to learn more about it. I am very open to suggestions, and enjoy reading everyone’s tasting notes. I think this community is awesome.

Me: I am a software developer working for a small company and absolutely love my job. Despite being a “computer guy”, I love the outdoors, and enjoy backpacking and camping. I also really enjoy philosophy, photography, reading, and music.

Ratings:
69 and lower: I probably would not buy this tea again. I might enjoy it, but I have had other teas that are much better.
70-79: I find this tea good, but have had better teas. I would gladly have another cup, but it probably wouldn’t be my first option.
80-89: This is a cup of tea that I really enjoy, and would buy again.
90-100: This is a cup of tea that I not only enjoy, but find something unique about it. This is something I would definitely order again.

Western New York