drank Irish Breakfast by Twinings

Malty and strong, without being overly astringent. This is my go-to when I want black tea iced. Drinking right now – three tsp/8oz, iced with a bit of whole milk. Super creamy, very rich. Definitely not a high quality tea, not something I’ll drink straight, but it’s good like this!

ScottTeaMan

3 tsp for 8 oz!!….Oh, it’s iced. Seemed like alot for hot tea but not iced…….still strong though. Milk in iced tea, I’ll have to try that!

ashmanra

My dad had stomach problems, I think ulcers, when I was very young. My mother made a gallon of iced tea a day in summer. Dad loved it, and when he had a flare up the only way he could drink it was with milk. He called it “tilk” and I suppose the milk neutralized some of the more irritating poly phenols or something.

Michelle

Milk is definitely soothing – I remember my mum saying something like it coats the stomach. And @ScottTeaMan – it seems like a lot… But with the milk, especially since I was using whole, it just gets soooo creamy!

Dylan Oxford

Oh man, Scott, you’re missing out! You’ve never had a Chai Latte?

Comments

ScottTeaMan

ashmanra

Michelle

Dylan Oxford

Oh man, Scott, you’re missing out! You’ve never had a Chai Latte?

Michelle, 19. College student: upstate NY.

I really enjoy tea, British television and theatre. I read a lot, write a lot, dream a lot.

Geneva, NY, United States