Decupboarding! Backlogging from earlier today.

This was the first sample we offered at the tea party my friend and I hosted a few weeks ago – so much fun!

This is the best Cream of Earl Grey I’ve tried. I don’t like Teavana’s offering at all – their straight Earl Grey is far too strong, and their EGC tastes incredibly artificial.

This is light and smooth. I usually add a bit of milk and sugar, and it’s equally as good hot as iced. Not sure I’ll be ordering more, just because I’ve still got 2oz of Teavana’s to sipdown, and I can’t really justify buying more tea (isn’t that everyone’s problem?)

Bonnie

I like this one too.

Kiaharii

What am I doing wrong with this tea! All of the reviews don’t match up to what I’m getting, but maybe I just don’t like it. Hmm.

Michelle

Huh. Do you generally like EGs? When I brew hot, I usually do 2tsp per 12oz, throw in a tsp of rock sugar, steep for 3 minutes and then add in a splash of milk until it’s a fairly light to midrange brown.

Iced I usually do 3tsp tea/8oz water/1tsp sugar, steep for 4-5 minutes, then pour over ice and add milk.

Maybe it’s just not your cup of tea though? :)

Helena

I didn’t like this tea either.. it reminded me of black licorice or licorice all sorts (I don’t like them)

Kiaharii

I don’t know, I’ve only tried one other and it was bagged (Numi’s Aged Earl Grey), and that was good. I tried it cold brewed and it was a litter better, I don’t know… I like vanilla, but then I get the (what I assume is) bergamot in the back of my throat and blarg.

Michelle

I don’t like much bergamot myself either. It’s usually way too sharp for me.

Comments

Bonnie

I like this one too.

Michelle

Maybe it’s just not your cup of tea though? :)

Helena

Michelle

I don’t like much bergamot myself either. It’s usually way too sharp for me.

Michelle, 19. College student: upstate NY.

I really enjoy tea, British television and theatre. I read a lot, write a lot, dream a lot.

Geneva, NY, United States