drank Laoshan Black by Verdant Tea

Spoilers for Steepster Select’s final box… I probably shouldn’t post this yet, but I’m excited.

This is the first SS box I’ve gotten. I was about to brew a cup of Teavivre’s Fengquing Black Dragon Pearls (quickly becoming my favorite black) when the mailman showed up. Okay, I’ll see what’s in the box. I’ve never tried a Verdant tea before, but I’ve been dying to.

So I saw this and immediately decided to brew up a mug. The dry leaves are really soft and smooth, and almost remind me of plastic. And they have a strong, unique scent – sort of like dark chocolate, malt balls and whole wheat bread. It’s enticing.

Steeped, it’s a deep chocolate brown. I’m liking this already. My sister, who’s sitting across the living room, just asked me “Are you making brownies?” No, Jenny, it’s my tea. “Oh. Is it brownie tea?”

First sip: dry astringency and wheat. It’s still a bit hot, so it wasn’t a proper sip. Trying it again: dark, bitter chocolate with wheat in the background. I think I steeped it a bit too strongly, but that’s totally okay. This tea is somehow dry and smooth all at once. Delicious.

TeaBrat

oooh, I think mine is coming today. :)

Bonnie

If you have a ginger cookie, don’t sweeten the tea and eat the cookie alongside and wow, the blend in the mouth is really good.

RachanaC (Rachel)-iHeartTeas

Haha I am drinking mine right now. So delicious :)

wiicked

what is steepster selectÉ

Michelle

It was for the past year Steepster’s Tea of the Month club. This was its last package in its current incarnation. I believe they are reworking it to be slightly different, and it will hopefully be back soon!

Comments

TeaBrat

oooh, I think mine is coming today. :)

Bonnie

RachanaC (Rachel)-iHeartTeas

Haha I am drinking mine right now. So delicious :)

wiicked

what is steepster selectÉ

Michelle

Michelle, 19. College student: upstate NY.

I really enjoy tea, British television and theatre. I read a lot, write a lot, dream a lot.

Geneva, NY, United States