drank Perfect Pear by DAVIDsTEA

Free sample from the last time I ordered. I waited to try it until I could get my camera/computer working together again… the card reader isn’t working anymore, which is annoying, but I suppose I’ll muddle through. Anyone want to chip into the Shell Buys A New Computer fund?

(crickets)

Onto the tea then. It’s a fairly light colored tisane, sort of like the inside of a pear! There’s a tartness to the flavor that I wouldn’t necessarily consider a pear. Looking at the ingredients, I see apple – that’s exactly it. It’s a decently authentic apple tea with pear at the finish of the sip.

I might like this more if it was marketed as apple-pear… when I expect pear, I expect pear. Especially compared with the Caramalized Pear from Art of Tea that recently came in Steepster Select, this just doesn’t cut it for me.

It is a good tea, though.

UPDATE: Oh, this shines on ice. Just noticed that David’s actually recommends it. The apple takes a backseat, and it’s all pear and vanilla. I’m considering buying some now.

TassieTeaGirl

I got some in my order that arrived yesterday. So, ice it, got it!

Michelle

Yes! Just go straight for that!

canadianadia

I just drank this hot and wrote my tealog, but now that I read your comments I will have to try it iced. Hopefully I will also see an improvement in the pear taste.

Comments

TassieTeaGirl

I got some in my order that arrived yesterday. So, ice it, got it!

Michelle

Yes! Just go straight for that!

canadianadia

Michelle, 19. College student: upstate NY.

I really enjoy tea, British television and theatre. I read a lot, write a lot, dream a lot.

Geneva, NY, United States