drank Splash! by DAVIDsTEA

This tea freaked me out at first. The dry smell is pretty intense; salty, seaweed-y, and not very pleasing in general. However, as soon as I poured water on it, I smelled it, and to my surprise it smelled very minty! Complete 180. Now just waiting to taste it, will update once it is cooled.

Update: The taste—surprised me again! It tastes quite nice! Not as light as I’d like, and has a salty aftertaste on your lips. I think the salt weighs it down a bit. Minty though, very mild ginger, and seems to be relaxing. Just a bit disappointed in the aftertaste. Reminiscent of the ocean, yes. And I love the ocean.

Overall, a decent tea. Will possibly up rating after having a few cups. Smell is most deterring aspect. However, if you’re feeling adventurous, I’d give this a shot!

MissLena’s rating system
(as of 04/19/13)

90-94: Awesome teas, will probably purchase again a few times
80-89: Very good tea, may restock at some point
70-79: happy to have tried and will gladly finish, but not restock
60-69: not horrible, but not the best, will finish if I have some though
50-59: not a favorite, probably will have a tough time finishing the bag
-50: yuck. I don’t want to have it ever again.

Canada