drank Pumpkin Chai by DAVIDsTEA

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!! So as it’s Halloween, I have been waiting to have my first taste of this supposedly amazing tea. And now it is here!

I prepared this according to a recipe DAVIDsTEA posted a while back. It called for 1 cup of water, 1 cup of milk, 2 tsps of Pumpkin Chai, and 2 tsps of brown sugar. I also subbed white sugar as I don’t have brown. That was to serve 2 people, so I halved it for just me. Unfortunately, when I put this in my 12 oz cup, I have a little weeny cup of chai! Booooo :( will just have to make more later!

It smells HEAVENLY. Dry aroma: very chai, but with a nice pumpkiny scent in there too, and something sweet, probably those candies! As it was being made it made the apartment smell lovely, all spicy and chai and warm.

Taste: Exactly how it sounds! DELICIOUS!!! Pumpkin pie! Spicy and warm and amazing! Definitely will have to make some more of this so I actually have a giant, full cup of it! I want moree to have more taste!

Overall, awesome! Kind of sad I waited so long to try it, but it’s still available online mwahaha. Also, I added a little bit of extra sugar to bring out a bit more of the pie taste. I like this :)

ETA: As it cools, MORE PUMPKIN! Mmmm I want pie now, and this tea, together. :D

ETA again: Just made another FULL cup of this using Faith’s recipe. Turned out FANTASTIC. I love it. Oh, and hello caffeine, we meet again :P gonna be up all night! Woooo for Halloween!

MissLena’s rating system
(as of 04/19/13)

90-94: Awesome teas, will probably purchase again a few times
80-89: Very good tea, may restock at some point
70-79: happy to have tried and will gladly finish, but not restock
60-69: not horrible, but not the best, will finish if I have some though
50-59: not a favorite, probably will have a tough time finishing the bag
-50: yuck. I don’t want to have it ever again.

Canada