Remembrance day here in Canada, lest we forget. Had a relaxing morning watching the ceremony on TV, then went shopping with the boy in the afternoon. And now making guacamole and having this tea.

This tea!! Oh my goodness!! I could have sworn there is honey in my cup :D mmm i havent had an oolong like this before! So sweet yet juicy too, a perfect mixture. I feel warm all over :) i steeped the bfs for 30 s, and my cup for 35, after a rinse. Tasted his, more oolong with a light hint of honey, mine is full of it! A creaminess too, and a warming spice. Can’t wait to see what later steeps hold! My cup is almost gone already! Definitely a prime candidate for my incoming yixing pot :)

Helena

I’m enjoying mine right now :D well once it cools down a little :D I don’t go to the ceremony because all the people crammed into the gym makes me feel ill. I did do a moment of silence on my own though :D I always support the Canadian Armed Forces (my parents are in the forces) even if they weren’t though I always think about the people gave us the freedom we now have (and sometimes take for granted)

MissLena

Mmm i’m on my second cup so good! I don’t blame you about the crowds, i usually just watch what’s going on in Ottawa and have my moment of silence at 11, it truly is amazing what they sacrificed for freedom! And what the forces continue to do for the country, they have all my respect :) i hope you enjoy your tea as well! Verdant is unbelievable at finding delicious teas!

Helena

I’ll post the poem I wrote back in high school on here tomorrow, as I have the day off to dig it out and type it up :D it won 3rd place from the local Legion (I forget which one)

MissLena

Nice!! I look forward to reading it :)

Comments

Helena

MissLena

Nice!! I look forward to reading it :)

Hello all, I am a happily employed electrical engineer (read:NERD :D), who is a bit obsessed with tea! I discovered loose tea in 2011, DAVIDsTEA in 2012 and it took off from there. I really started drinking/enjoying tea because it was excellent to take to class in the morning and because I can’t handle coffee! (unless it’s a really good cappuccino or latte, or decent decaf haha)

MissLena’s rating system
(as of 04/19/13)

90-94: Awesome teas, will probably purchase again a few times
80-89: Very good tea, may restock at some point
70-79: happy to have tried and will gladly finish, but not restock
60-69: not horrible, but not the best, will finish if I have some though
50-59: not a favorite, probably will have a tough time finishing the bag
-50: yuck. I don’t want to have it ever again.

Canada