drank Vanilla Orchid by DAVIDsTEA

So I am in an oolong mood! Went and bought this and the Quangzhou milk oolong, thought I’d have this tonight for dessert!

The smell is dead on vanilla yogurt. Mmm so creamy and yum! I steeped for 4 mins, and the leaves smell so odd to me! Like, green oolong, but with vanilla in there, it seems weird to me, but in a good way!

Ah, now it has cooled almost too much lol, I was busy raging about an assignment that didn’t go well..anyways, this tea is calming me down. It is a perfect blend of a green oolong with vanilla! The first taste is definitely oolong, then in the middle this creamy, dreamy vanilla taste comes out! Like hot vanilla bean ice cream! It fades to a gentle oolongy aftertaste with just a hint of the vanilla, maybe that is where the orchid is? I’m not sure, I mostly get vanilla hehe.

I might try steeping this a bit shorter next time though, just to get a bit of a lighter flavor, the green oolong taste is almost a bit at odds with the vanilla at times it seems (could also be that I let it cool down too much/used too hot of water haha). Overall, pretty good, very interesting if you ask me! I need a few more cups to give it my overall rating :) for now, it’s pretty good.

TheTeaFairy

Oh, I am so getting me some of that!

MissLena

It’s pretty good, my first flavored oolong I believe too! A good start, such a melding of flavors, mmm definitely tastes like I had dessert (no calories though yay!)

Comments

TheTeaFairy

Oh, I am so getting me some of that!

MissLena

MissLena’s rating system
(as of 04/19/13)

90-94: Awesome teas, will probably purchase again a few times
80-89: Very good tea, may restock at some point
70-79: happy to have tried and will gladly finish, but not restock
60-69: not horrible, but not the best, will finish if I have some though
50-59: not a favorite, probably will have a tough time finishing the bag
-50: yuck. I don’t want to have it ever again.

Canada