drank Laoshan Black by Verdant Tea

I am finally trying this tea! A big thank you to David Duckler for including this as my free sample! I’ve been waiting for the right moment to try it, and tonight feels right!

Dry leaves I can smell the dark chocolate, oh chocolate! I am so excited for this! I am trying the first steep at 10 seconds in my brew basket, and I will increase by around 8 seconds each time.

The wet leaves smell like BLACK FOREST CAKE! AHHHHH DARK CHOCOLATEY CAKE! Hehehe, the boyfriend is not a fan of chocolate, so I get this tea all to myself :D as for the liquor itself, I smell a sweet, honey scent to it, and a definite black tea aroma.

Mmmmm, dark chocolate, malty, sweet honey flavor. Along with rich black tea. Almost liquefied black forest cake, all it needs is the cherries. This is really good. This blows any other black tea I have had in my life out of the water (I’ll admit I haven’t had that many loose, more bagged ones, but still). And that was just the first steep! Now I’m making little wee cups of it rather than a mug so I can have many steeps tonight.

This tea is top quality. In all honesty, I currently still prefer dark oolongs, but this tea is still AWESOME. Desserty and decadent, I may just have to try and nab a bit more of this to have on hand for days I feel like majorly treating myself. It’s a cozy, comforting cup of love. Thank you David and Verdant!!

ETA: Absolutely loving the next steeps! So sweet and delicious! I have been drinking this all night :) it’s like indulging in an amazing, healthy dessert!

Boiling

Hello all, I am a happily employed electrical engineer (read:NERD :D), who is a bit obsessed with tea! I discovered loose tea in 2011, DAVIDsTEA in 2012 and it took off from there. I really started drinking/enjoying tea because it was excellent to take to class in the morning and because I can’t handle coffee! (unless it’s a really good cappuccino or latte, or decent decaf haha)

MissLena’s rating system
(as of 04/19/13)

90-94: Awesome teas, will probably purchase again a few times
80-89: Very good tea, may restock at some point
70-79: happy to have tried and will gladly finish, but not restock
60-69: not horrible, but not the best, will finish if I have some though
50-59: not a favorite, probably will have a tough time finishing the bag
-50: yuck. I don’t want to have it ever again.

Canada